Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Intellivision Reveals 5 Colors for the New Amico Console

Intellivision is releasing a new gaming console called the Amico. This gaming console is launching in October 2020 and one of the coolest things is the number of colors it will be available in. You can get the Amico in 5 different colors including Metallic Pearl, Obsidian Black, Vintage Woodgrain, GTO Red (complete with carbon fiber), and Galaxy Purple.

purple.jpg
red.jpg
white.jpg
wood.jpg

I’ll be honest, I wish I knew more about what to expect. I know that they plan to remake a bunch of their classic games, Atari’s classic games, and iMagic classic games for the system in addition to at least 20 brand-new exclusive titles. The catch is, I have no idea what to expect. I don’t know if this is 8-bit, 16-bit, 3D, 2D, or anything. Based on what I’m seeing, I’m guessing that it will be 8-bit, maybe 16-bit.

The controllers are also interesting with a touchscreen and positional disc in addition to 4 buttons, a gyroscope, and accelerometer. This sounds like a simplified and supped up Wiimote. In addition, based on the trailer, up to 8 people can potentially play at once and use their smartphones as controllers.

Intellivision appears to want the price point of the Amico to be friendly at somewhere between $140-180. That’s a lot less than most modern consoles. Combine that with the games designed to cost less than $10 each and supposedly no microtransactions or DLC and some people are loving this. I need a bit more before I start thinking it’s a great idea, but we also have more than a year to go until it releases. What are your thoughts?



from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8320810 http://bit.ly/2wPC3Cr

No comments:

Post a Comment